4.12.2007

ballad cheese

One of my favorite bands to pick when I rarely and randomly go out to karaoke is Journey. It's cheesy, everyone sings along, and...it's cheesy. EW.com recently ran a piece called The Ultimate Cheesy-Ballad Playlist that included Journey, of course, as well as some other great ones:

-- "Could've Been" by Tiffany and "Lost in Your Eyes" by Debbie Gibson -- When I was in fifth grade, owning the albums by both of these teenagers was mandatory. Man, I loved Tiffany.

-- "Crazy for You" by Madonna. This and "Live to Tell" are my all-time favorite Madonna songs.

-- "Iris" by Goo Goo Dolls. Remember the summer when this song was on every single station all the time? I ended up seeing the Goo Goo Dolls in concert in Columbia, Mo. when I was in college. I got kicked in the face by a crowd surfer [yes, a crowd surfer at a Goo Goo Dolls concert] and took an elbow to the eye, which resulted in my losing a contact lens. My roommate had to drive my car home because I had no depth perception. Who knew a crazy night in college would be at a Goo Goo Dolls concert?

-- "Please Don't Go Girl" by the New Kids on the Block. The person on EW.com who mentioned this was mortified to be admitting she still listened to this song. I don't understand why you would be embarassed to admit that? I mean, I still listen to that song...

You know, that is a pretty mortifying thing to admit.

And in case you want to download and slow dance with your honey to Journey, here you go.
Journey - Open Arms

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bro-in-law Brendan and I were at a Badly Drawn Boy concert at The Metro here in Chicago last month, and BDB closed the show with a disgustingly good and spot on rendition of "Don't stop Believin' to the great delight of the crowd.

It's just a great song, and Damon Gough pulled it off perfectly.

Heidi said...

You went to a Goo Goo Dolls concert in Columbia?! (:

I remember seeing Presidents of the United States of America at the Blue Note and seeing my very first flasher.

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is stationary a definitely as you did in the downgrade efflux of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=down lyrics jay sean lyricsmode ?
I noticed the utter you have not used. Or you use the dark methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Magnificent beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog website?
The account aided me a applicable deal. I have been a little bit familiar of
this your broadcast provided brilliant clear idea

My weblog ... eating for energy

Anonymous said...

Also known as eczema, this skin condition may appear or worsen during pregnancy.

The good news is that normally they are benign tumors that won't affect your health. Skin tags can affect you and anybody else at any age and irrespective of your skin type.

My web-site :: the cause of skin tags (wikicars.org)