3.30.2007

bookmark this

Here's a story about what librarians find when they open the books you return: bookmarks. Now before you say "Boring," there are actually a few interesting finds in books. For example, librarians have found condoms and cash as bookmarks not to mention love letters, fake fingernails, and unused toilet paper. I guess that explains where some people read those books.

I go the traditional route with my bookmarks. I did needlepoint on one and own this Harry Potter set. I also have some of these bookmarks an Office fan made that I love -- especially when I can coordinate the book cover color with a particular bookmark. Yes, I'm a book nerd.


So what do you use to mark your place? Bookmarks, ticket stubs, receipts, the print out the library gives you with the due date on it?

4 comments:

Klick4MU said...

I used to use the "due date" slip but then I kinda "borrowed" a book for 3 years and now they won't let me back to the library. So, usually it's the run of the mill bookmark however if I really like the book I'll break out the old California Raisins' book mark.

Anonymous said...

I have a variety of bookmarks from years of avid reading, and I'm always picking up more at book fairs, bookstores, and as souvenirs. (Case in point - I have an ancient Egyptian-themed shiny new bookmark, as well as a new wooden dinosaur one from our trip to the Field Museum last fall.) But because I have so many, I often lose track of where they are. Sans traditional bookmark, I've been known to use post-its, business cards, Kleenex tissues, or whatever else may be within reach when I don't want to lose my place.

Jenn said...

I use receipts a lot, but if I'm in to the book I pull out a big old Vancouver bookmark that my husband gave me (he was cleaning out his desk...it really wasn't a thoughtful gift or anything...I can pretend, though :-) I don't use ticket stubs, but I tend to hang on to those, too. When I clean out a purse I usually find a stash of movie ticket stubs. I guess I'm pretty sentimental...or a little crazy...maybe a little of both!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?