3.30.2007

poor ferrari

OK, did anyone else see the story this week about actor Eddie Griffin crashing a Ferrari? Did anyone else get a little choked up like I did? Yeah, I figured it was just me.

Anyway, some idiot that owns a $1.5 million Enzo Ferrari thought it would be a good idea to have an actor [not a race car driver] with no idea how to drive a high performance sports car drive his high performance sports car. And he crashed it.

To give you an idea of how bad this is, consider this: in order to be able to buy an Enzo Ferrari, you had to own at least three Ferraris already and then you had to be invited by the company to buy the car. And there are only 400 out there. Well, make that 395 as of now. They even made one for the Pope!

To better understand this, I give you this great quote from an AOL Sports story entitled "Eddie Griffin, You're an Idiot":

"You just wrecked a friggin' Enzo Ferrari. The car was probably worth more than your house, Eddie. There are probably other Ferrari owners and supercar nuts that are crying today because of you."

And yes, even I would love to drive an Enzo Ferrari, but even I would not actually do so if given the chance. It's not like driving a normal car and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be responsible for crashing someone else's $1.5 million Ferrari.

No comments: