4.03.2007

my humps

Remember that annoying song called "My Humps" from the Black Eyed Peas? Well, Alanis Morrisette covered the song and even did an awesome video for it!

No, I'm not joking. I'm a huge fan of cover versions of songs and this one is near the top of what I've heard before. It reminds me alot of a cover Tori Amos may do for a song in which is completely changes the melody of the song to make it sound completely different from the original.
But with Alanis, as much as the song is great, you need to see it with the video that goes along with it for extra awesomeness!

In the meantime, here is another one of my favorite covers for you to download.
Travis - Baby One More Time

And another cover from Alanis.
Alanis Morrissette - King of Pain

1 comment:

amazinglyrefreshing said...

Alanis's cover is awesome. Michael Scott and his cell phone ring would be proud.

The Travis cover is good, too, but the cover of Baby One More Time I love is the one by Marty Casey from Rockstar:INXS. Have you heard it? It's on iTunes if you want "just a taste" of it. Sorry for the second Michael Scott reference in this comment. (I'm just so excited about the new Office episode tomorrow!)

The best cover (or at least the most funny) is Ben Folds's "Bit**es Ain't S**t"

Talk about funny...here's a version of it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjNNxnKVEpQ