6.12.2007

speed

Kropp will probably be the only person who appreciates this post, but I'm making it anyway.

Lewis Hamilton won his first Formula One race, which is totally awesome because Lewis is The Next Racing Genius. Just forget all the Dale Jr. talk -- it's lame. Start talking about Lewis. Btw, I'll be seeing him this weekend at Indy for the US Grand Prix. It's going to be awesome!

Also at the race last Sunday was a wicked bad accident where Robert Kubica went airborne in one of the nastiest accidents I've ever seen. He ended up with a sprained ankle and mild concussion and hopes to race on Sunday at Indy. It's amazing how advanced the cars and safety of the drivers has become to have a driver walk away from a crash like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched the race - the Kubica crash was horrifying - almost impossible that he didn't suffer more serious injuries. Forget my Saab in a crash, I want to drive a modern F1 car.

Hamilton is very cool - and it was awesome to see him take the win. That was one of the most exciting F1 races in some time.

I'm now going to return to the comparative boredom of the 24 Heures du Mans.