6.13.2007

i give a damn

The American Film Institute tends to put out all these movie lists -- top 100 movies of all time, top villians of all time, etc. I found this YouTube video of the AFI 100 Greatest Movie Quotes and I have to say, it's pretty cool to watch. There's definitely some heavy representation of certain movies and certain actors. Marlon Brando shows up a few times, including twice in the top ten, and Casablanca and Gone With the Wind are well represented. And of course, there's some great lines in the montage. My favorites?

-- "Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night."
-- "Rosebud."
-- "Here's looking at you, kid."
-- "I coulda been a contender, I coulda been somebody."

And the best one is one that I thought rightfully ended up in the top spot. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." Ah, Clark Gable. You were so awesome in that movie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list, but come on - nothing from the Dude (The Big Lebowski)?

"A Brother Seamus? What... like an Irish monk?" :)

Chris said...

NOBODY PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER!!