2.13.2007

wikit: marky mark

Ok, I have to say that Mark Wahlberg did a fantastic job in The Departed. I'm just saying that now so people don't get the idea that I'm ragging on him.

That being said, I saw him in concert in 1993 and yes, he did strip down to his underwear during the show. He also told the crowd what hotel he was staying at and his room number. Some friends and I took that information and called the hotel to speak to him and were denied by his entourage. Perhaps it's because we were 15 and 16 and called at 11 o'clock at night from a pay phone in a McDonald's parking lot. No, none of us had cell phones at the time because no one had cell phones at the time since it was 1992.

Oh, and that picture above? It just to hang on the back of my bedroom door -- as a huge poster. I still wonder why my parents let me do stuff like that.

Little known fact: Mark has a third nipple. Yes, it's true.

Little known fact: Mark was one of the original members of the New Kids on the Block, but dropped out. His brother Donnie, however, stayed in the group and became rich off of it.

Little known fact: The show Entourage is loosely based on Mark's life when he arrived in Hollywood and he's one of the executive producers for the show.

So with that, here is a Marky Mark song you'll all enjoy. It required me to find the CD and then rip it. Yeah, I'm a nerd who still owns the CD.

Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations

And yes, he is an Oscar nominee.

No comments: