2.27.2007

random bar story

A few weeks ago, I had a random bar moment that I must post about because...well...it is pop culture related.

So I was standing in line for the women's bathroom [what's new?] when the bar started playing Billy Idol's "Dancing with Myself" over the loud speakers. For some reason, this motivated some random guy to start singing along to the song while looking at me.

Why is this a problem? Why did I get grossed out? Well, first of all, I'm married, so I had to use my patented scratching my forehead move that shows off my wedding ring. Apparently, the guy would not be deterred -- or else he was drunk -- because he kept singing along. This further grossed me out because "Dancing with Myself" is about, well, pleasing yourself. No, seriously, it is.

So yeah...married girls freak out when you sing songs about, you know, having sex by yourself to try and pick them up at bars.

Video of "Dancing with Myself" [YouTube] -- Note the apocolyptic/Blade Runner vibe. Apparently, some things in the future never change. Like dancing with yourself.
Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself [MP3 via sendspace]

No comments: