1.17.2007

minnesota idol

So American Idol started up again last night and luckily for me, I Tivoed. Why luckily? I never realized how crappy these two-hour audition shows are until I was able to fast forward through them. Here's the formula: bad singer comes in and thinks they are good, they're always there because they want to be the next American Idol, they sing horribly, they want a second change, they beg to go to Hollywood, and they always make sure to mention in the post-audition interview that the judges don't know what they're talking about. Believe me, they do. You sucked. Also, it's pretty much a given that if you dress up like Apollo Creed or sing like the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz that you're going to get cut.

Last night, there was also the added bonus that tryouts were in Minnesota. For the most part, no biggie except for the first girl they had on the show who went into a detailed description of her job at Glamor Shots in one of the best Minnesotan accents I ever heard. It even topped my friend Stacy's accent when she would come back to New York after being home for a week and start dropping long O's everywhere.

So yeah, this will remain a Tivo staple for now, but from now on, I'm going to watch it after it airs so it only takes me 45 minutes to watch a two-hour show.

No comments: