1.19.2007

beyonce and the supremes

So I headed out to see Dreamgirls earlier this week and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. Beyonce can actually act and Jennifer Hudson was perfect for her role. And wow. Did not expect Eddie Murphy to be as good as he was. That was a pleasant surprise.

The movie won three Golden Globes for best drama, Eddie Murphy, and Jennifer Hudson. I think she probably won her Globe for her rendition of "And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going". Yeah, the rest of her acting was ok, but if you saw her sing that song in the context of the movie, you would be blown away. Hell, you would be blown away hearing it without seeing the movie first, so I give you an MP3 to bask in the awesomeness of this performance.

Jennifer Hudson - And I'm Telling You I'm Not Going

Also, check out Jennifer Holliday, who originated the role of Effie, perform the song at the Tonys [via YouTube].

No comments: