8.01.2007

mom pants

You know those unflattering pants that your mom wears? The ones with the pleats in the front and the zipper that goes all the way to her navel? Yeah, well, I think Kate Holmes Cruise is wearing those pants in this picture. And even worse, there are pleats in the back, too! Luckily, it seems dlisted agrees with me and also posted a few more of these pictures so you can see just how bad they are.

This reminded me of the Mom Jeans commercial that aired a few years ago on Saturday Night Live. You all know what Mom Jeans are and you all know that moms who forget all fashion sense wear them. They are not nice things to be wearing, people. Pleats, long zippers, and elastic waist bands should not be encouraged. In fact, I told my husband a few years ago that if I ever walked in wearing Mom Jeans, he had every right to tell me to take them off and burn them immediately. I just need to know that I have someone watching out for me in case this happens.

And by the way, who dresses their child in a Burberry dress? That thing probably cost $300 and you know it's going to get kid goop all over it.

No comments: