2.19.2007

what's the buzz

Who has turned into the new Sinead O'Connor? Britney Spears!

I think those are her bodyguards, but I'm not sure. Frankly, I think the bodyguards aren't doing their job. They need to work harder at protecting Britney...from herself. I mean, really? You think someone shaves their own head and that's healthy? Anyway...

So in the past week, Britney was in Florida, then went to some harsh rehab in Antigua, then flew back to L.A. to be with her kids [at least they weren't with her during all this], then shaved her head, got some crappy tattoos, and went out with a wig that looks like it cost $5.

This girl has to be on a path to self-destruction because I don't know where she's going otherwise.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, i heard she's already exhibiting "shaver's remorse" behavior.

she scares me. a lot.

-neryssa

Klick4MU said...

I'm of the "bald is beautiful" club...so I don't care how she looks. The bigger problem is the chaos that is being exhibited in Hollywood with the new generation of starlettes and such. Yeah fun with the insanity.

Anonymous said...

Craig Ferguson said something similar to what Kristen said on his opening monologue last night. He went on what seemed to be a 15 minute diatribe (and a rather good one) about his own battles with alcoholism, and said people should leave her alone -

"For me, comedy should have a certain amount of joy in it," Ferguson said. "It should be about attacking the powerful - the politicians, the Trumps, the blowhards - going after them. We shouldn't be attacking the vulnerable."

"Now I'm not saying Britney is alcoholic, I don't know what she is - alcoholic or not - but she clearly needs help,"

He has a bit of a point.

Conan had NY Senator Chuck Schumer on, and he asked him why the newspapers didn't have anything about the big non-binding resolution on the front page - they instead had a picture of a bald girl.

There should be a ban on covering anything to do with Spears or Terrell Owens - no publicity might actually make them slightly normal.