1.31.2007

crap i liked: robin hood: prince of thieves

This is what happens when your parents drop you off at the movie theater one summer with your friend without thinking. Don't let bad movies happen to your kids!

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves spawned all kinds of crap. First, it was Kevin Costner with an accent he couldn't figure out how to get right. Second, the theme song for the movie, although Bryan Adams did predict my current position. Everything I do with this blog, people, I do it for you. Or something.

The only redeeming thing about this movie was Alan Rickman and it pains me to say this, but even that doesn't totally fix this movie. I think I need to go see him play Snape in a Harry Potter movie just to help me cleanse the badness of Robin Hood from my brain.

And what's up with all the medieval crap I watched in the '90s? I swear I've only gone to two Renaissance fairs in the past 15 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,
Just checking out your blog for the first time. I look forward to reading it for all my pop culture commentary needs.

I'm embarrassed to say I loved all the medieval movies in the 80s. Have you seen Ladyhawke in the last 10 years? The 80's-ness of the soundtrack to that movie is amazing.

I am, however, still proud to say I loved Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. WYLD STALLYNS!!